From: NY Alliance for Vaccination Choice nyvaccinechoiceAtgmail.com
From: NY Alliance for Vaccination Choice
The NY Senate Health Committee just moved this bill along and we need to stop it in the Assembly and in the rest of the legislature. Please see below for details. Please ACT today, your call, email and visit COUNTS! ~Lisa, NYAVC
A bill to require meningitis vaccine for 7th graders and ALL college students is gaining momentum in Albany!
Bill S7156 passed the Senate Health Committee and is due for a floor vote.
Bill A10313 will be voted on the Assembly Health Committee any given Tuesday.
We have to FLOOD The Assembly & Senate with calls and e-mails. They must vote `no' on Bill S7156 and A10313
ASK FOR A CALL BACK
This bill is only steps away from LAW. We need to stop it. Our lawmakers will listen to these reasons:
* There is NO meningitis health `emergency'. Why the extreme measure?
* Less that .005% of the entire US contracts the disease yearly.
* Mandatory shots cost MILLION$$$. NY is $9.2B in debt. Financial pain is everywhere. We're increasing our burden?
* There is nothing stopping people from getting the shot right now.
* The vaccine does not address all strains.
* The vaccine can contain mercury-filled thimerosal
CALL THIS LIST of Assembly Health Committee Members
Find their e-mails at www.assembly.state.ny.us
ASSEMBLY HEALTH COMMITTEE
All phones numbers begin with 1-518-455- ####
Richard N. Gottfried, Chair, 4941
Jim Bacalles , 5791
Jonathan L. Bing , 4794
Kevin A. Cahill , 4436
Robert Castelli, 5397
James D. Conte , 5732
Steven Cymbrowitz , 5214
Jeffrey Dinowitz , 5965
Sandy Galef , 5348
Aileen M. Gunther , 5355
Andrew Hevesi , 4926
Rhoda Jacobs , 5385
Charles D. Lavine , 5456
William B. Magnarelli, 4826
Nettie Mayersohn , 4404
David G. McDonough , 4633
Joel M. Miller , 5725
Amy Paulin , 5585
Crystal D. Peoples , 5005
Jack Quinn , 4462
Naomi Rivera , 5844
Linda B. Rosenthal , 5802
Robin Schimminger , 4767
Lou Tobacco , 4495
Darryl C. Towns , 5821