AUTISM PREVENTION FATHER BABIES 24-34 PATERNAL AGE IS KEY IN NON-FAMILIAL AUTISMVaccines

"It is very possible that PATERNAL AGE is the major predictor of(non-familial) autism." Harry Fisch, M.D., author "The Male Biological Clock". Sperm DNA mutates and autism, schizophrenia bipolar etc. results. What is the connection with autoimmune disorders? Having Type 1 diabetes, SLE,etc. in the family, also if mother had older father. NW Cryobank will not accept a sperm donor past 35th BD to minimize genetic abnormalities.VACCINATIONS also cause autism.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

McCain and Obama Failed to Mention A Public Health Alert on the Connection between Higher Paternal Age and Autism

When Autism Becomes a Political Football, Whose Interests Are Served?
Wednesday October 15, 2008

I just finished watching the presidential debates, and heard the word "autism" brought up not once, not twice, but at least three or four times.
Mr. McCain referred to "precious children" with autism, and suggested that Sarah Palin would be a strong supporter of parents of autistic children (presumably because she has a child with Down syndrome). Mr. Obama described plans to increase funding for autism research and implied support for increased funding for special education (though he made no particular mention of how or whether special education might be reformed or improved).
Personally, I feel that autism has become a political buzzword - and I can't say I like it. I don't want my "precious child" to be a political football; I don't want to select a president on the basis of not-yet-budgeted funding for not-yet-defined autism research; and I don't believe that increasing funding for poorly managed educational programs will improve my child's chances for success.
In fact, knowing that my adorable baby boy is now 12 - and will be 21 all too soon - I find it a bit distressing that both candidates are thinking of autism as a childhood disorder. Even if a new president really followed through on the plans described tonight, my son - and many other sons and daughters - will be too old to enjoy the benefits.
And though I do speak as an "autism mom," I am also the mom of a typically developing child. I am the proprietor of a small business. I'm a healthcare consumer, an investor, and member of more than one environmental organization. I worry about my own retirement, my children's college, and our ability to heat our home. I am not an "autism voter," and I don't intend to be.
Certainly the autism community deserves a place at the table. But I personally will not be casting a vote based on the number of times a candidate mentions the "a" word.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People interested in learning the facts about autism are welcome to listen to the free autism spectrum podcasts by Midnight in Chicago. They are located at www.mic.mypodcast.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Autism Sites Health Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It! http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit?url=http://www.yoursite.com/article.php&title=The+Article+Title blog directory PageRank Button Add to Technorati Favorites Health Blogs
Directory of Health Blogs Blogarama - The Blog Directory